Monday, August 10, 2009

Rambling


Here I am setting up my blog. I'm a senior women with a busy lifestyle but have always wanted to write. Words don't come easy verbally but sometimes I can be inspired to write. That's what I'd like to do with this blog - write.


Currently I'm a caregiver to a man who will be 100 soon. He's doing remarkably well. Let's call him 'Jay'.


Jay sleeps quite a lot and feels bad about it. He feels he should be busy, which indicates that his mind is still very active but his body won't cooperate. How frustrating it must be for him. My heart goes out to him. He must have been a bit of a diamond in the rough. Jay lost his wife over a year ago and he misses her presence so much. I would guess that he was an 'obedient' husband and high expectations where requred of him.


I only know that I'm blessed to be here. Yes it is a paid position but I also feel very fortunate to have this situation at my age.


Age - I know one is only as old as one feels and although I am 73 and reasonably active, I too feel so much younger than my 73.


I've been through a lot in my lifetime. It has been a continual learning curve. Some very hard lessons - mostly brought on by my own bad judgements but that's part of the journey.


I'll write more at another point - right now I'm make a bit of Chicken soup for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment